Monday, April 16, 2012

My Garden Blooms

This wet spring is keeping us close to home.  We canceled a camping trip last week so I have only views close to home to share this week.
 We can go for a stroll in my garden.

Enjoy the tulips.
Since I took these shot they have been beaten up by hail, I will miss them.
I love the heady fragrance and lavender blooms of the wisteria.  It is so beautiful in bloom it's worth the effort to keep it under control during the summer.  It does try to take over the garden and wants to sneak out into the open area where it would get me in trouble with the Homeowners Association.  It's like a beautiful, endearing but naughty child.

This beautiful Japanese Maple had been poorly placed (by me I'll admit).  Now I have transplanted it into a pot and given it a spot where we are better able to enjoy it.  I will also be able to move to a more protected spot during the heat of summer.
This is a look at my part of our world, see other views at That's Our World, Tuesday.

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Such a delightful look at your garden, Martha! The flowers, the colors and the lovely skies make for such beautiful captures! Hope your week is off to a great start! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Carol said...

Your garden is gorgeous, Martha! Pretty header shot also.

Unknown said...

Beautiful colours!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Gaelyn said...

Such a beautiful garden.

Linda Reeder said...

Wisteria and tulips at the same time! That doesn't happen here.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You have a nice garden.

Those Japanese Maples are tempermental.

LindyLouMac said...

Despite the weather your garden is looking glorious glad you captured the wisteria before mother nature ruined the blooms.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh no all you have to share are tulips, wisteria, and an absolutely perfect Japanese Maple ;>)? I could not be happier! These are beautiful -- your garden is wonderful. And of course I only see "real" spring flowers virtually these days, so this post is really appreciated.