Thursday, February 28, 2019

Rainbow and Lenses

We have had a lot of rain lately.  Californians learn to welcome all rain but I have been hearing a bit of grumbling lately.  I was glad to see this rainbow a few days ago, it didn't signal an end to the rain, though. If you notice some distortion on the image it is due to rain falling on the lens.


It is unusual to see a rainbow come all the way down to the ground.  No pot of gold, though.


A raindrop on the pluot tree acted as a lens.


Another lens is this new toy of mine, a Lensball.  Thank you Alan for introducing me to this neat toy.

Find more views of the sky at Skywatch Friday.

6 comments:

Pisi Prkl said...

It has to be on the other end, hope you checked it out. ;)

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous rainbow, a lovely capture. The lens ball images and reflections are lovely. Well done. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend!

carol l mckenna said...

Wow ~ Very creative and beautiful photography ~ of course ~ love the rainbow ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, beautiful photos! I love how you used your new lensball to make it look like a giant drop hanging from a branch!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your rainbow. It looks like it comes down to within 15 to 10' of you. I hope you looked to confirm no pot of gold. I wouldn't want you to miss out.

I love my LensBall. Your image is perfect. It took me a while to figure out what to do with it.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The lens ball photo is super! Sure does look like you should have been able to find that pot of gold. Rain in California seems like a feast or famine situation Nowadays.