Monday, July 20, 2009

Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens II

This garden begins as a neatly manicured garden with grass pathways.



It features a variety of sculptures by regional artists.




Further along, as the pathways lead to the sea one finds specialized collections. I enjoyed the varies colors and textures in the heather garden.

There were several beds that featured succulents.

The garden continued to become ever more natural until I reached the headland.

Here things were left in there natural state or were in the process of being returned to a natural state.

We sat for a whaile and gazed out at the sea before heading back on a different path.


Back near the entrance they had a little food stand where we got one of the best malts ever.

6 comments:

Barb said...

The gardens are spectacular, but it's hard to beat Mother Nature! My husband would be up for one of those malts - his favorite.

Lori R. said...

Thanks for my nature fix! I always look forward to seeing what shots you will share with us. Again, just stunning pics. You have a real eye for photography!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love botanical gardens and this looks like a good one.

Martha said...

I love going to botanical gardens. This one looks calm and peaceful with plenty of natural beauty. Great shots :-)

Owlfarmer said...

I'm finally catching up on your blog, and glad to see you've been busy. I especially loved the bottle tree (such trees are inspiration for the "bottle fence" I posted about on the Cabinet a few weeks ago). I tend to agree with Barb, that the natural stuff is best, but every now and then it's nice to visit something tamer. It's probably a control thing (although too much of that is definitely not a good thing). Thanks for the nice views of a garden I'll probably never otherwise see.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

What a great place. I love botanical gardens.