Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Teddy Bear Finds a Home

I have been fostering this big Teddy Bear for several years.  He belonged to my mother.  When my brother learned that our mother had never had a Teddy as a child he decided to rectify that and gave her this bear one year for Christmas.
Both are gone now so the bear has been waiting patiently with his friends.  Waiting for a new permanent home.  Now his wait is over and he is ready to go.  My brother's grand-daughter had a baby last month and  the bear is on his way to his new home.
He'll have new friends, I see.  There is a giraffe already there.  Young Tyler Jet will have his hands full with the menagerie!

10 comments:

Diane AZ said...

A lovely Teddy with a very special history. Tyler Jet is a lucky little boy. :)

Gaelyn said...

I love that this special bear will continue to bring joy into your family's life.

fredamans said...

AWWWWWWW

Noelle Johnson said...

What a special gift, that will mean so much more to him when he learns the story behind his special bear :-)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a lucky little boy to have a bear who comes with such a history of love! That's such a great story -- it really touches my heart!

Barb said...

Diane's Grandson - I recognize him and that little giraffe. He will have a special love for your Mother's bear. I'm imagining you're at the cabin. Have fun over the 4th!

Anonymous said...

May time and life continue to treat him kind, the Teddy surely will. Please have you all a wonderful Thursday.

Linda Reeder said...

What a sweet bear story!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Little Tyler is precious and I'm sure he will love the teddy bear, though it may be bigger than him :D

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

That's one special bear, and Tyler will have such love playing with it.