Friday, October 26, 2018

The Sound of a Different Era

From time to time I hear above me a sound that I associate with WWII moves, it sounds like a squadron of old prop planes.
 
I assume they are coming from our local airfield, perhaps residents here at Sun City since they fly mid day, mid week.

 Sometimes the cute little red biplane seems to have trouble keeping up.


I don't know if they are practicing for some airshow or just honing their skills.


Their final maneuver as they headed away was a missing man formation as this plane pealed off and the others flew on.    
I always enjoy watching these old planes, common when I was a kid but not so common to see today.
Do you remember the skywriters? 

See more views of the sky at Skywatch, Friday

4 comments:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

That's very cool. I especially like the biplane. Definitely a bygone era, and wonderful photos!

Lady Fi said...

Cool shots!

Joyful said...

Fabulous plane and sky shots!

Lois said...

Fabulous skywatch photos. I especially love that red plane!