Thursday, February 26, 2009

Todays walk


I took my camera with me today with the bird lens. It wasn't the right lens for sky watching but I took a few pictures any way. We are between storms and the sky is a beautiful blue. It's a great improvement over last summer's fires.



There weren't many cooperative birds but I did spot a kite close enough for a halfway decent shot. He sure looks soft. A few years ago I managed to get this shot of one hunting. I love to watch them, they seem to hang in the sky. They can stay in one spot for an amazing length of time. It must take a lot of energy.


I also spotted a couple of killdeer, I didn't realize until I looked at the photo that they have the red ring around their eyes.

1 comment:

Diane AZ said...

Kites, killdeer, phoebes, bluebirds; you see such beautiful birds in your area. Wonderful pictures! In your sky photo, to me it looks like the clouds are forming a sideways heart-shaped opening where the blue sky is peeking through.