Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Two's Company for Wood Ducks

I love the wood ducks, they are so colorful but they are hard to photograph because I can't get close.  I snapped these shots without really knowing what I was getting until I downloaded them.
 I could see that there were wood ducks in the pond but that was about all I could see.
 I didn't notice the third one swimming towards the pair.
Or the reaction of the female to the intruder.  I would have thought it would be the male that would act with hostility but no, he seems total oblivious.  I guess she thinks "Three's a crowd"Enlarge to better appreciate these beautiful ducks.
More duck than water but it is my post for Watery Wednesday,  hosted for us by 2sweetnsaxy.

11 comments:

Stella said...

What georgeous ducks. The missus was a little testy wasn't she? Thanks for sharing.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Oh, Martha, those are fantastic photos! I feel as if I am right there.

Thanks for stopping by.

Kathy

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

I love love love wood ducks. They are among some of the more beautiful ducks, I believe, for their coloration. Great shots! What luck! Thanks for visiting my blog, too. DO go see those eagles and then post, post, post!!! Can't wait!

Donnie said...

I love wildlife photos and yours are exceptional.

MarieElizabeth said...

What good timing for you! Nice shots.

Baba said...

Hi Martha, I have never seen wood ducks...they are so cute with fat little bodies.Thanks for showing them to us... Baba

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Love this!! Have tried many times to get a picture of these beauties. Mine wouldn't have been as good anyway so I'm delighted to enjoy yours. I love watching ducks and the water....

Isn't it fun to find a surprise when you download?

Diane AZ said...

Delightful peek at what's happening at the pond. She certainly doesn't look amused!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

WATER SEEKERS

See the water seekers go
Up and down and to and fro,
Looking for a drop or two
Of wet stuff to share with you!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Guadalajara Fountain

Mike B. @ slugyard.com said...

Love the Wood Ducks. I need to get out and find some around here.

Phoenix C. said...

I love your photos and the colours of the ducks are beautiful!