Friday, October 19, 2012

Reflection

There are different types of reflections
On this meme we usually deal with reflections off a shinny surface like the reflection here off June lake.  But I never travel the June Lake Loop without experiencing another type of reflection, one of the mind.
When we arrive at this picnic site at Silver Lake I remember a day over 20 years ago and a picnic with my parents.
Jim Wagner

That day I captured some of my favorite images of my dad,
Pat Wagner

My mom
Jules  
And my spouse.
My parents are both gone now but I cherish their memory and these images of a wonderful day at Silver Lake.

17 comments:

'Tsuki said...

These are lovely family portraits. and the reflection you caught on the lake is really awesome. Have a nice week-end !

mrsbearfoot said...

What a lovely post, for both kinds of reflections. :-)

My weekend reflections are HERE

James said...

A truly beautiful post!

MTWaggin said...

What lovely thoughts and memories. Picnics are the BEST!

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful and moving reflections of both kinds, Martha! A lovely post for the day! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Nefertiti said...

j adore la premiere photo !

Diane AZ said...

Wow, beautiful post, Martha!

Laura said...

wonderful indeed!

Karen said...

Lovely! I often reflect in beuatiful surroundings too.

Gaelyn said...

So wonderful to have these memories. Love that Jules is wearing a Grand Canyon hat.

Dianne said...

these portraits are treasures :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Those are wonderful photos Martha -- I CAN see that your mom and dad loved outdoor California as much as you do ..wonderful memories -- wonderful reflections (both kinds!)

AmitAag said...

Breathtakingly stunning reflection, Martha, at no.1, and your philosophy of other reflections too!!

TheChieftess said...

Hey!!! You're in my neck of the woods!!! Silver Lake is probably my favorite lake in the June Lake Loop! Come visit at MammothLakesDP!!!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I like reflections of the things in our mind.

Judy said...

I love that photo of the poplars (or whatever tree they are) and the little path luring me off into the woods!!!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

What beautiful shadows....so pretty! Love your pictures of your parents as well...how precious to have those rememberances!!