Friday, April 21, 2017

Signs of Spring


 These signs of Spring were spotted this week near my home in Lincoln, CA.
This egret family was in a tree between two shopping centers.  They had plenty of company with many nesting egrets and herons in the same tree.  The chick isn't as cute as some of the other babies I saw.
Hooded merganser and chicks in a nearby pond.
 Family of geese walking down my street.

 Lambs whose moms had been brought in to graze the open space in our community.
The circle of life continues.


1 comment:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Perfect post for Spring! All those adorable babies. I've never seen the merganser chicks (ducklings I guess).... how wonderful. And nothing like lambs to say Spring is here! Does your community still bring in goats to trim the brush? I remember that post and loved that your area did that. (But don't remember what time of year it was.)