Saturday, April 16, 2011

Home in Time for Spring!

We've been away, exploring the parks of the Colorado Plateau for the last three weeks.  I haven't had much opportunity to visit blogs so I have a lot of catching up to do.  I also have a lot of images to sort through.  It is going to be tough, like choosing a favorite child.
 I was afraid I would miss the wisteria in bloom but we returned in time.  Three weeks ago I photographed it in bud.  Do you see the heart made by two twining tendrils?
The dogwood is in bloom as well, reaching skyward as if wanting to touch heaven.  Our trip was wonderful but I am glad I did not miss these blooms.

You can find other sky views at SkyWatch Friday

7 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Exquisite captures as always, Martha! I do see and love the heart! Perfect! And the dogwood is always so beautiful! Hope your weekend is off to a great start! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Your blooms are so pretty. I'm glad you pointed out the heart. I would have missed it.

Diane AZ said...

Gorgeous blossoms, sky and sweet tendril heart! Looking forward to your pictures of the Colorado Plateau. I know it can be hard to decide which pictures to post. :)

Gaelyn said...

As beautiful as the wisteria is I can't wait to see some Plateau images.

Barb said...

I DO see the heart, and I love both wisteria and dogwood.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I am behind on visiting and don't even have a good excuse. So glad that you didn't miss the blooming wisteria. Looking forward to your trip photos.

(And isn't that the curse as well as the blessing of the digital camera...taking all the photos you can, but then needing to eliminate some. ...

Linda Reeder said...

You are ahead of us, of course. Those things will bloom here about Mother's Day, or maybe later this year.
And I was hoping we wouldn't miss our tulip bloom. We didn't. they are gorgeous. I hope to get pics tomorrow.