Monday, November 12, 2018

Fall Color in Yosemite

We missed the fall color in the high country but a visit to Yosemite at the end of October made up for it.


I'm afraid my images don't do justice to the beauty.


Some of the best color was "drive by" in places I couldn't stop or easily walk to.


Maples were yellow, gold and orange


Dogwood were turning from pale green to yellow to scarlet in the valley sun.


They were more purple up in the Sequoias.

Dogwood is a double delight with their white flowers in the spring and their fall color.


It was a delightful visit to one of our favorite places.

See more views of our marvelous world at Our World, Tuesday

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Yosemite is one of my favorite after Yellowstone. Beautiful fall colors and trees. The first photo is my favorite. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

Fun60 said...

Looks a beautiful place to visit in the Fall.

Penelope Notes said...

Oh, the top photo of the majestic mountain is perfection. The reflections add to the magic of the scenery.

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! You did capture color ~ Yosemite photos are gorgeous! Favorite is the last one ~ so creative and elegant ^_^

Happy Veterans Day
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Oh my it's all so gorgeous!

Photo Cache said...

I was supposed to be there this weekend, but plans changed. Oh how I long to see these scenes in person.

Worth a Thousand Words

Jill Harrison said...

I love seeing the autumn colour in your country this time of year. Thank you for sharing. I am visiting you from Our World Tuesday. Happy travels.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great photos. There is not much to beat Fall Color in my book. I love that last shot. Great eye on that one.

dee Nambiar said...

Beautiful, beautiful images. :)
We got to see some fall color in Yosemite, last fall.

Lady Fi said...

Wow - so gorgeous!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So glad you got to enjoy this incredible beauty while the skies were still clear. Hoping for things to clear up before too long at this scary time.